Oxfordshire MS Therapy Centre
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus
- Coronavirus is a virus similar to the flu virus, which has the same symptoms and effects & spreads the same way.
- Our Centre users are generally more vulnerable to developing a more serious level of symptoms, therefore, prevention is more important.
- Coronavirus is a droplet infection, and
- the source of the infection is from a cough/sneeze, therefore catch all coughs & sneezes (in a paper hanky or sleeve etc), and immediately bin or wash
- the droplets quickly settle onto the surfaces below, therefore:
- hold your breath (if you can) for a while if someone coughs or sneezes to let the droplets fall
- regularly wash surfaces to prevent picking the virus up on hands
- the virus gets on your hands, therefore:
- regularly wash hands after touching surfaces
- learn not to touch your face with your hands, thus transferring the virus to mouth & nose
- Wash hands for 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday twice!) with soap & water concentrating on wrists, between the fingers and around rings.
- Soap & water are just as good as hand gels, detergents, antiseptics – in fact, if available soap & water is better as it actually washes and not just kills the virus, this doesn’t mean that there isn’t a place for hand gels.
- Clean hands on arrival at the centre, thus preventing the virus coming into the centre (gel is provided as easier on arrival).
- Sign & symptoms – the same as flu and normally starts with a raised temperature & dry cough.
- If you get symptoms – call 111 and isolate yourself.
- Do not come to the centre if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.