Procedures for ALL therapies commencing 12th April 2021
- Arrive at the centre and ring the doorbell by the front door, DO NOT ENTER the building. If someone else is waiting, wait at the bottom of the ramp until the walkway is clear AND KEEP A 2 METRE DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES
- Someone will come to the front door and take your temperature and ask you to confirm you have no symptoms of Covid19.
- Before entering the centre, use the automatic hand sanitiser to the right of the front door. If this is not working use the one on the desk in reception.
- You are required to wear a mask that you can either bring with you, or make a donation for one provided at the centre. (Centre masks are CE Certified masks, Type IIR)
- You can bring a carer to help you into the centre, if this is necessary, but request that they do not stay, but remain contactable.
- TURN UP AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME, NOT EARLY. IF YOU TURN UP EARLY PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR. THERE WILL BE NO CHAIRS AVAILABLE IN RECEPTION.
MONDAY 10am, TUESDAY 10am and 11.30am, THURSDAY 10am, FRIDAY 10am (and some Wednesdays at 10am)
- IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR. When your temperature has been taken you need to go STRAIGHT into the chamber with your mask on. THERE SHOULD BE NO CHATTING IN THE CHAMBER. Bring your own water and container and take home to wash. Bring your own blanket/hot water bottle if required and take home.
- We will only be able to accommodate 3 people per oxygen session due to social distancing at sitting positions 1,3,5 or 2,4,6
- Keep your paper mask on until pressurisation of tank reaches half way, the operator will tell you when this is. Masks must be kept on until the end of the session/or until it is hard to breath then remove oxygen mask and put on paper mask.
- It is your responsibility to sanitise your OWN masks AT HOME using soap and water, make sure you dry properly and remember to bring to each session.
- After the session volunteers will completely sanitise the chamber using wipes, this includes door handles, chair, chair arms etc.
- Oxygen pipes will be sterilised after every session
- YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE CENTRE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SESSION, NO HANGING AROUND IN THE WAITING ROOM. Payments can be made by online banking if necessary.
PHYSIOTHERAPY, MASSAGE, ACUPUNCTURE, FOOTCARE, AND MANUAL THERAPIST:
- Bring your own towel AND gown/blanket as required.
- DO NOT HANG AROUND IN RECEPTION, TURN UP AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME, there will be no sitting in reception. Leave the centre straight away.
Other relevant notes:
- If you feel unwell you should not come in and if you feel unwell within 2 weeks of being at the centre you will need to tell us promptly
- We can now take payments by card (only available if someone at reception desk) OR payments can be made by bank transfer(ask for details)
- MS Patients will get priority over appointments
- No socialising AT ALL, so no tea/coffee/biscuits, sorry ☹
- You should leave the centre immediately after your appointment.
- Everyone should sanitise the toilet after each use, using the sanitising spray in the toilet and paper towel, then dispose of in the bin (NOT DOWN THE TOILET)
- There is also 5 litre hand sanitiser on the reception table
- These procedures are constantly changing, so please read them if they are sent to you again as they may have been updated.