Council tax reductions for disabled people

If you meet certain conditions, you can get a reduction of one council tax band on your bill each year. For example, a Band D property will be charged Band C. Look on your council website for more information.

VAT on some building works and adaptations for disabled people

Certain types of building works and adaptations eg wetrooms are zero rated. The contractor should be aware of this but may need reminding.

CEA card

The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA). The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema. It costs £6 pa. Their website is