On 1 November the MS Society’s Supported Short Breaks partnership with Carers Trust and local Crossroads Care schemes re-launched for people with MS living in England and Wales. Through the partnership people with MS can purchase care and support for short breaks and holidays anywhere in England and Wales. Care is provided at agreed times at the chosen accommodation or destination by trained care support workers from the local Crossroads Care scheme. The extra support means that people with MS and carers can get maximum possible benefit from a break from the everyday routine, at the destination of their choice.
Further information available at The Centre.
The next open day will be on Wednesday, 4 December from 10 am to 3 pm at Peachcroft Christian Centre, Lindsay Drive, Abingdon.
The theme for this open day will be Assistive Technology, when we hope to have a range aids, such as pendant alarms, easy to use telephones, medicaton reminders as well as aids for those with a hearing or visual impairment.
As always all are welcome.
With Christmas fast approaching do not forget to purchase online via Spend and Raise to help raise funds for the Centre.
New Top offers:
- Boden – 10% off, plus free delivery and returns. New customers also receive a free scarf! Code required. Expires Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 3.5%
- Cancer Research – 10% off Christmas Essentials on our online shop! Discount code required. Expires Sunday 1st December 2013. Donation 6.5%
- Clarks – up to 30% off full price selected styles (no code required, expires17th November 2013), plus 20% off bags (code required, expires 25th November 2013). Donation 3.5%
- Dorothy Perkins – 20% off everything. Code required. Expires Midnight Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 2.5%
- Evans Cycles – Extra 10% off Clothing and Accessories when you buy 2 or more items. Code required. Expires Friday 15th November 2013. Donation 2%
- Laura Ashley – 30% off everything. Expires Sunday 1st December 2013. Donation 4%
- PC World – Offers on tablets, ipads, and desktops. 5% on tablets and ipads, and up to 10% on desktops. Discount codes required. Offers expire Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 1%
- Waterstones – 10% site wide discount code. Expires Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 2.5%
Source MS Trust:
We are pleased to announce that Europe’s biggest conference on rehabilitation in MS will come to the UK next June, jointly hosted by the MS Trust and the UCLH MS Team at Queen Square. Read on here.
Tim will be in the next 2 Thursdays 14th and 21st November, so if you would like a session or a FREE TRIAL session please let Sue know ASAP so you can be booked in. Appointments available from 10am.
Anne-Marie Hicks, Adrian Bedwell and Corinne Jones from Soll (Vale) completed a triathlon in Faringdon, consisting of a 400m swim, 20km bike and 5km run and raised £840.