Please don’t forget do your on-line Xmas shopping at www.spendandraise.com/omstc/
If you prefer you can click on the link at the top of our website
and click on the flashing link at the top. And if you just want to go straight to Amazon, click the Amazon logo instead!
And if you are a Facebook user, please ask your Facebook friends to do their shopping there too. The easiest way to do this is:
1) Login to Facebook, and go to our omstc Facebook page
2) Find the message (at the top of the page) about Spend and Raise
3) Just click on Share (to your timeline). Adding your own message of greeting if you want!
Quantum M.R. on behalf of doctors.net would like to invite you to fill in a survey regarding the management of patients with Multiple Sclerosis. This study is intended for the above stated health care professionals that have at least one patient with MS at present and should take no longer than 15mins to complete. Each participant will be offered £15 or more, which can be paid to them directly or to any charity of their choice. The deadline for completion of this study is now Friday 22nd November 2013. This questionnaire is entirely anonymous and there are no right or wrong answers. During this questionnaire you will be asked to provide best estimates of your caseload.
Should you be interested please feel free to contact me on 07864643877 or by replying to this email, further information can also be provided relevant to your specific health care profession.
Please click on the following link and see if you are eligible to claim Disabled Facilities Grant.
Many people suffer major health problems as a direct cause of dehydration – including regular urinary tract infections, constipation, dizziness, pressure ulcers, falls, confusion & lack of energy.
The Hydrant is already making a very real difference to many people with MS throughout the country and it has been suggested that it may help as many as 50% of those with the condition at any one time.
Leaflets are displayed at the Centre for you to look at.
A research project study requires 100 volunteer carers to take part in completing online questionnaires and viewing a health information website.
For further information leaflets are available at the Centre.
On 1 November the MS Society’s Supported Short Breaks partnership with Carers Trust and local Crossroads Care schemes re-launched for people with MS living in England and Wales. Through the partnership people with MS can purchase care and support for short breaks and holidays anywhere in England and Wales. Care is provided at agreed times at the chosen accommodation or destination by trained care support workers from the local Crossroads Care scheme. The extra support means that people with MS and carers can get maximum possible benefit from a break from the everyday routine, at the destination of their choice.
Further information available at The Centre.
The next open day will be on Wednesday, 4 December from 10 am to 3 pm at Peachcroft Christian Centre, Lindsay Drive, Abingdon.
The theme for this open day will be Assistive Technology, when we hope to have a range aids, such as pendant alarms, easy to use telephones, medicaton reminders as well as aids for those with a hearing or visual impairment.
As always all are welcome.
With Christmas fast approaching do not forget to purchase online via Spend and Raise to help raise funds for the Centre.
New Top offers:
- Boden – 10% off, plus free delivery and returns. New customers also receive a free scarf! Code required. Expires Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 3.5%
- Cancer Research – 10% off Christmas Essentials on our online shop! Discount code required. Expires Sunday 1st December 2013. Donation 6.5%
- Clarks – up to 30% off full price selected styles (no code required, expires17th November 2013), plus 20% off bags (code required, expires 25th November 2013). Donation 3.5%
- Dorothy Perkins – 20% off everything. Code required. Expires Midnight Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 2.5%
- Evans Cycles – Extra 10% off Clothing and Accessories when you buy 2 or more items. Code required. Expires Friday 15th November 2013. Donation 2%
- Laura Ashley – 30% off everything. Expires Sunday 1st December 2013. Donation 4%
- PC World – Offers on tablets, ipads, and desktops. 5% on tablets and ipads, and up to 10% on desktops. Discount codes required. Offers expire Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 1%
- Waterstones – 10% site wide discount code. Expires Sunday 10th November 2013. Donation 2.5%