Online MS Resources
We’ve listed below a number of useful websites, aimed at and helpful to people with MS. If you are aware of a site which you think should be added to this list, please let us know.
- MS Therapy Centres: www.msntc.org.uk // Representing a group of self-help Therapy Centres (including us!) offering assistance to thousands of people with Multiple Sclerosis throughout the UK
- MS Society: www.mssociety.org.uk // The UKs largest charity for people with MS
- MS Society, Oxford: www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me/branches/oxford-and-district-branch/ // Our sister organisation – the local MS Society branch
- MS Trust: www.mstrust.org.uk // A leading independent UK charity for people with multiple sclerosis, their families and friends, and for all health professionals.
- MS Resource Centre: www.ms-uk.org // This site contains a wealth of information to support those affected by MS
- MS Research: www.ms-research.org.uk // A charity dedicated to research and extending knowledge about MS with the aim of providing better treatment and hastening a cure
- Disabled Living Foundation: www.dlf.org.uk // National charity providing free advice about all types of daily living equipment and mobility products
- Independent Living Centre: www.guidepostsilc.org.uk // A charity aiming to enable adults of all ages to increase and maintain their independence if they have a disability or are experiencing changes in their ability to carry out everyday tasks.
- Disability Now: www.disabilitynow.org.uk // The campaigning newspaper that puts you in the picture
- New Pathways: www.ms-uk.org/newpathways // News and views, snippets and soundbites, updates and information
- shift.ms: https://shift.ms // The social network for people with ms
- Cyprus – holiday therapies: www.hbocyprus.com // Continue your oxygen therapy whilst on holiday on the lovely island of Cyprus
- I need a holiday too: www.ineedaholidaytoo.com // Wheelchair accessible holidays in France
- Break Charity: www.break-charity.org // Residential and day care services for profoundly disabled children, adults and families with special needs
- Access Travel: www.access-travel.co.uk // Wheelchair accessible holiday properties
- 3H Fund: www.3hfund.org.uk // Holidays for disabled people; respite for carers
- Accessible Travel: www.accessibletravel.co.uk // Helping the less mobile access the world
- Access All Rooms: http://www.accessallrooms.com // Holidays for the disabled
- Wheelchair Accessible Travel: www.tripbuzz.com // wheelchair accessible travel guide
- Independent Living Centre: www.guidepostsilc.org.uk/holidays // Accessible travel
- Ellwood Cottages: www.ellwoodcottages.co.uk // Outstanding barn conversions in Dorset
- Accessible Andalusia: www.laspiedras.co.uk // Disabled friendly holidays in Spain. Recommended by an Oxford MSTC member.
- Cornwall self-catering: http://www.treworgans.co.uk // Wheelchair friendly self-catering holidays in mid Cornwall.
- The Bruce Trust: http://www.brucetrust.org.uk // Canal boat holidays for the disabled.
- Revitalise: www.revitalise.org.uk // Respite holidays for people with MS
- Best Mobility Aids: https://bestmobilityaids.com/
- Mobilise: www.mobilise.info // A UK charity promoting mobility for disabled people
- Gowrings Mobility: www.gowringsmobility.co.uk // Manufacturer and supplier of wheelchair passenger vehicles
- ReadiBus: www.readibus.co.uk // Aims to provide mobility and independence to people who would otherwise have great difficulty getting out and about (includes Dial a Ride service)
- Motability: www.motability.co.uk // National UK charity which helps disabled people and their families to become more mobile
- Rascal Scooters: www.rascalscooters.com // Stylish and dependable electric mobility scooters
- FreedomWheelChairSkills: www.freedomwheelchairskills.co.uk // Teaching of everyday skills and techniques to get the most out of life while using a wheelchair
- Mobility Trust: www.mobilitytrust.org.uk // Supply powerd wheelchairs and scooters to people who cannot afford to purchase for themselves and cannot get help from the NHS
- Portaramp: www.portaramp.co.uk // Access ramps made from lightweight composite aluminium panels
- Stannah: www.stannahstairlifts.co.uk // Stairlifts – the alternative to stairs
- Stairlifts: www.stairliftsreviews.co.uk // A review
- AgeUK Stairlifts, Easy Bathing and Chairs: www.ageukmobility.co.uk/ // Stairlifts, Easy Bathing and Chairs
- Bath-Knight: www.bath-knight.co.uk // Bathing aid company
- Mangar Health: https://mangarhealth.com/uk/ // Bath lifts and daily living products
- More Ability: www.moreability.co.uk // Bathroom solutions
- Best Mobility Tips https://bestmobilityaids.com/manual-wheelchair-safety-guide/How to Use a Manual Wheelchair Guide
- DWP: www.dwp.gov.uk // Department for Work and Pensions
- Equality and Human Rights Commission: www.equalityhumanrights.com // Non-departmental Public Body championing equality and human rights all (replaced Disability Rights Commission)
- The World of MS: www.msif.org // MS International Federation – linking the activities of national MS societies around the world
- youreable.com: www.youreable.com // Information, Products and Services for the Disabled Community (formerly Disability Net)
- Independent Living: www.independentliving.co.uk // A resource for disabled and elderly people, carers and healthcare professionals
- Herb Research Foundation: www.herbs.org // Science-based information on the health benefits and safety of herbs
- aid4disabled ‘opening doors’: www.aid4disabled.com // A website for those who have MS and other physical disabilities, promoting independence and quality of life.
- The good care group: www.thegoodcaregroup.com // MS Live-in Care Service which enables people to remain living in their own homes and communities, with round the clock one-to-one care and support. The MS Society has helped The Good Care Group to design this service with the particular needs and wishes of people with MS in mind.
- Vitamin D3: Download Mark Walker’s article on Vitamin D3 supplements